Interview With a Vampire

Growing up I never really was a fan of the whole Vampire movies or them as monster's because of the whole "Twilight" movies/books being very popular and when I heard about them and how the movies were I was just instantly turned off by them so I never really grew into the whole lore for vampires because of how cheesy Twilight was but when Vampires in classic movies like Van Helsing, or Day breakers I was more of a fan of. When it comes to this reading of "Interview with a vampire" I really like how Anne Rice's portrays the vampires as the classic kind of way where they are not fond of sunlight, where it actually hurts them and not sparkles like in the movie Twilight. I also like how in the story they explain the origin of vampires that's something I always found intriguing whether it is the true origin or her way she sees it, either way, it is interesting. This story also gets very gruesome when it talk's about the multiple times that they feed and kill people or how they do or don't turn their victims and actually talking about the bite marks on their neck. The way the story ends is an interesting approach to how they end up in America. especially after how he feeds on the one boy after him begging him to turn him into a vampire but the boy wakes up and goes on a journey to find Lestat driving off to find him.

Comments

  1. Lol same! I wasn't a fan of Twilight either. It was WAY too hyped in my opinion. #TeamEdward
    Anyway, I do agree with you on Rice's portrayal of vampires, in a sense that, its a more 'realistic' interpretation of vampires, if vampires happened to live among us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein

AYE and Gomorrah